HUBER Technologies Bringing Pumping Station Screen ROTAMAT® RoK4 to Joint Expo 2017
The ROTAMAT® RoK4 screen is the ideal solution for pumping stations, whether for new structures or refurbishment. Contrary to conventional screening systems which require manual cleaning, the screen surface of the ROTAMAT® RoK 4 screen is cleaned automatically.
- Prevents clogging and tressing in the pumping station
- Compact unit, easy to fit into confined spaces
- Dewatering and compaction of screenings
- Optional frost-protected unit for outdoor operation
- Sturdy, low-maintenance stainless steel design
The RoK 4 screen vertically lifts the screenings, and dewaters and compacts them at the same time. The compacted screenings are discharged into a container or endless bagger for further disposal thus eliminating odour nuisance and pump failure due to clogging.
The screen consists of a vertical perforated screen basket and a shafted auger in a vertical tube. The wastewater flows through an inflow connection and a chamber into the screen basket. Within the screen basket the flights of the screw are equipped with wear-resistant brushes for effective cleaning of the screen. As the screenings are gradually elevated by the auger, they are dewatered. The compacted screenings are discharged into a container or endless bagging unit thus eliminating odour nuisance.
The screened wastewater flows off by gravity or is pumped to a higher level. The filtrate drains through a hose back into the inlet chamber. The top of the inflow chamber is open and serves as an emergency bypass so that the machine can be submerged without problems, e.g. in case of a power failure. The integrated bottom step prevents back-flooding into the sewer system and thus undesired deposits in the incoming sewer.
HUBER PUMPING STATION SCREENS ROTAMAT® ROK4 OFFER OUTSTANDING ADVANTAGES:
- Automatic screening, lifting and compaction in a single compact unit
- Optimal solids retention by means of twodimensional screening (perforated plate)
- Prevent clogging and tressing in pump stations and manholes
- Integrated bottom step to prevent deposits in the incoming sewer
- Easy to install into existing structures
- Availability of completely submerging the screen